Thursday 22 March 2012

Avril Lavigne : I'm 27. I'm getting old.

  Avril Lavigne says her look has changed because she's "getting old”. The Canadian songstress has launched her new Abbey Dawn shoe and handbag line with the range appealing to an older demographic. She says the fashion line has evolved with her own style which has matured since first releasing the label's clothing in 2008.

  "I'm 27. I'm getting old," she told People of her inspiration for the latest collection sold online in partnership with JustFabulous.

  "The fact that I'm wearing heels right now is kind of a big deal for me. I'm really tall now," she smiled at the event.

  During the launch Lavigne performed hits and rubbed shoulders with fellow designer Kimora Lee Simmons and ex-husband Deryck Whibley.When she first released Abbey Dawn, the line included a back-to-school collection with skull, zebra and star patterns.Avril also has her own fragrance, Forbidden Rose, and is set to launch Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips later this year.

  Lavigne has become known for her tomboy style, rocking it out on stage with hits .However, she believes she's become more ladylike with age as she is no longer afraid to wear heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment